Parkway Parade is proud to be one of the first existing mixed-use development to have won the BCA Green Mark Platinum Award, a distinctive accolade that recognizes our part in making PP a greener shopping destination. Below are the key green features integrated.
Green Features in the Mall:
In an effort to reduce the carbon footprint to the mall, there are shuttle buses from Bedok MRT and Sengkang MRT during weekends and public holidays to Parkway Parade. Also, 58 lot of bicycle lots are erected to promote cycling as an alternative transportation.
ENITO™ wood flooring products (100% recycled materials) are used as floor panel at resting areas within the podium and at extension.
- Estimated energy savings: 2,998,596 kWh/yr; Estimated water savings: 65,106 m3/yr
- Air-conditioning plant system efficiency: 0.66 kW/RT
- Energy efficient LED lights and extensive use of T5 fluorescent lighting with high frequency ballast in the carpark
- Energy Efficient features
- Motion sensors are installed in staircases and office tower toilets to control the lighting
- Photocell sensors are installed at areas with abundant daylight such as under the atrium skylight, outer perimeter of the carpark and toilets in the 1st and 2nd storey
- Lighting System
- The overall lighting power budget calculated is 1.8W/m2
Carpark Guidance System
Besides the charging station, CNG Hybrid Electric Car only lots are put in place to encourage the use of electric vehicles motorbikes at Parkway Parade and reduce carbon dioxide emission
Greenlots charging station is provided and located at P2 carpark for electric motorcycles to be parked and charged at this charging station lot
Green Lots Charging Station
Carpark guidance system to direct drivers to the nearest available parking lots, thus reducing the amount of CO emissions from the vehicles.
Green Lease will be applied to new and renewing tenants to encourage the use of energy efficient equipment within the tenanted areas. With this, the overall building cooling load can be reduced, hence saving energy.
- Food waste from the F&B outlets are separated into organic and inorganic wastes. The organic wastes undergo aerobic digestion which is converted into sludge and water. The water is reused back into the digester to support the food waste digestion process.
- Recycling bins are available in the building with proper storage and recycling facilities
- Eco Wiz Organic Waste Digester: As part of our conscientious effort in sustainability, this digester will substitute one of the compacters in the bin center. It is entirely self-contained and has a continual feed disposal system for organic waste, designed to convert solid food waste materials into reusable water.
- Water sub-meters are available for toilets, cooling tower make-up water and rainwater harvesting. There is a daily and monthly (manual) recording of meter readings to monitor the consumption of water and detect any peak usage (and hence possible leak) in piping infrastructure. This will ensure physical integrity of meter
- A rainwater harvesting system is available for Parkway Parade, with an estimated 867 m3 of rainwater collected per year
- Parkway Parade has an effective fault reporting system that posts information in of hotline to call when any leak/ defect is detected in toilet
- Immediate rectification can be done promptly to minimize water wastage
- Parkway Parade received the Gold Award for Water Efficient Building (Retail Sector) in September 2014
- Use of Water Efficient Labelling Scheme (WELS) and 3 ticks (excellent rating) fittings in toilets for basin taps and mixers, sink/ bib taps and mixers, low capacity flushing cisterns, waterless urinals
- Flow regulators are fitted in taps so that immediate rectification can be done promptly to minimize water wastage
- In an effort to converse water, the waterless urinal have deodorising urinal screens installed to contribute to a comfortable toilet experience
Events: Environmental Awareness to Public
- In our effort to promote sustainability, Parkway Parade participates in the annual Earth Hour movement by turning off all essential lightings within the mall for 2 hours, as part of our environmental conservation efforts
- To educate the public, Parkway Parade also assists to host Green Living Exhibitions and schedule public education materials and roadshows yearly
8 Habits for a Greener Workplace
Simple habit changes can go a long way in helping the environment.
Here are some tips for a greener workplace.
- Be Bright About Light
Turn off the lights when you're leaving any room for 15 mins or more and utilize natural light when you can
- Maximize Computer Efficiency
Turn off your computer and power socket when you leave for the day (Check with your IT department if the computer doesn't need to be on to run backups or other maintenance)
- Print Smarter
Print on both sides or back of old documents, faxes, scrap paper, or drafts. Avoid color printing and print in draft mode whenever feasible. Buy chlorine-free paper with a higher post-consumer recycled content. Recycle toner and ink cartridges and buy manufactured ones
- Go Paperless
Do not print something that can be stored online. Unsubscribe from mailing lists for unwanted catalogs, newsletters, magazines, and junk mail. Post employee manuals and similar materials online, rather than distribute print copies
- Ramp Up Your Recycling
Recycle everything your company collects - including fax paper, envelopes, and junk mail. Place recycling bins in accessible, high-traffic areas and provide clear information about what can and cannot be recycled
- Watch What (And How) You Eat
Bring your own mug and dishware for meals you eat in office. Provide filtered drinking water to reduce bottled-water waste
- Rethink Your Travel
Invest in video-conferencing and other technological solutions that can reduce the amount of employee travel
- Create A Healthy Office Environment
Use non-toxic cleaning products. Brighten up your cubicle with plants, which absorb indoor pollution